Friday, November 25, 2011

This Is My Blog

From time to time, believe it or not, I find myself wanting to express my opinions and ideas. A lot of these revolve around two of my favorite topics, sports and music. Now, let me be clear...I do have opinions and ideas about politics, spirituality, and other serious topics and endeavors. However, most of the time I feel it is appropriate only to engage in conversation on the internet about topics that exist in the realm of recreational and artistic endeavors, i.e. sports and music. People who get on facebook and fish for comments in their statuses by dropping controversial one liners etc. drive me crazy. I can't stand seeing "insert loaded status here" and then something like 47 comments following it. All this is to say, I try to stay out of "serious" conversations on facebook and the internet in general because I just don't see it as a legitimate place to engage in productive dialogue. Beyond that, I even practice at least some self restraint in my statuses when it comes to less "serious" conversations regarding sports, music, movies, and campus culture among other things. On this blog, I will not be practicing the same self restraint. I will likely not venture far from the topics of sports and music for the reasons stated above, and when it comes to these topics, I'm going to write exactly what I think. It's why I'm calling it Real Talk (plus that just sounds cool). You can already tell this from my commentary on the usage of facebook above. See how I'm rambling? That's going to be how this blog operates from time to time. Other times it will hopefully feature some well-written posts about good music and good athletes and teams. It will probably also feature decently written posts venting about bad music and bad athletes and teams. I hope you enjoy what I write. I'll try to make it entertaining, honest, and funny. It will be fun for me. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment